Cozmo And Vector Robot Battery Upgrade (503040)
+ Free shipping
(5) so connect to wifi, log in to the app. you should get 30 to 40 minutes of cozmo moving around if the battery is fine. 6b) if cozmo turns off and it says COZMO 01 or COZMO 02 on the face, this is your device causing that, "disconnection" issue.
Additional Product InformationI used up like 40 of these on my new batch I got in but... I got 100 more coming, going to fix 50 from that, I’m working on a theory of upgrading cozmo with a USB charging port to eliminate the need for the charging dock. So maybe that upgrade can become a service if I figure that out. But more batteries in a week I guess.
These should run 2 hours where the originals were 40 minutes to an hour. A bit of a tight fit but dunno if this makes sense if cozmo takes longer to need to sleep like kids have to do their homework at some point right lol. I am not that familiar with vector, I specialize in cozmo, but these should work for vector also. I don’t believe it holds the same principal to run 2 hours, vector will still run the same time frame, but it’s a battery if someone needs one for anki vector robot.
someone asked me how to diagnose because i removed it from here lol, so here's a revised improved method to understand battery diagnosis.
1) first, put cozmo on charger, maybe let cozmo charge for a few minutes if this is a used cozmo you just bought, don't really know the history of it, how long it's been sitting not being used.
2) so afterwards, log in to the wifi, connect in the cozmo app, see if it needs an update, sometimes needing to be updated looks like battery charging issues, lights don't look right.
3) probably just turn back off after the update and let sit on charger, observe the lights on the back. they should look like 3 green moving lights in sequence, after 10 minutes it becomes a solid green light. this is normal, programmed to stop charging after 10 minutes.
4) you can actually take off charger, set back on after a full charge, just repeating the charging process 2 or 3 more times to full solid green light, this doesn't hurt to do.
5) so connect to wifi, log in to the app. at this point simply let cozmo be cozmo in an area, maybe on a table with walls so as to not walk off the edge, and write down what time you turned cozmo on and when it turned off. you should get 30 to 40 minutes of cozmo moving around if the battery is fine.
6a) in the event cozmo turned off, if this is complete power down, no lights on and it's been like ten minutes or less, probably needs a new battery.
6b) if cozmo turns off and it says COZMO 01 or COZMO 02 on the face, this is your device causing that, "disconnection" issue. try another device. i use cheap $20 tracfones for my show on youtube, the cozmos disconnect a lot, because those are cheap tracfones. i use an iphone 8, cozmo stays connected, the phone has plenty of processing power to run the app.
7) it is possible that the problem is more then just the battery, examples of this might be you put on charger and nothing happens. this can be due to the wiring from the face screen part not being connected completely. but if you put on charger and everything is connected, even if the battery is toast, the light still at least comes on, it might be red but everything is connected.
felt like throwing this in, the battery and lift gear are the two biggest problems of cozmo, doesn't hurt. if your cozmo is having problems lifting a cube or in general moving the arms completely as it would want to, turn the cozmo off. gently move arms up and down completely top to bottom a few times, feel for any rough spots. if it feels like there's a rough spot that would be like a tooth is broken off the main lift gear.
so pop the upper arms off the robot, remove that plastic rod that the upper arms both lock onto out of the robot. move the lower arms completely upwards, pop outwards to remove the arm assembly. that lift gear poking out of the side of the robot the arm goes onto, you want to take a small flat tip screwdriver. simply poke that in the inner part of the gear, rotate clockwise and kind of get an idea of the place with the rough spot. you want to rotate clockwise just past that rough spot, a few degrees past, then put arms back on, and voila, fixed lift gear.
now if you are rotating the gear and it hits a spot and gets stuck, doesn't want to keep rotating, then the broken tooth is stuck in the gears other teeth, will need to take apart, open gear case, remove that tiny broken tooth out of the gear box, and reassemble. then refer to previous step to get main gear past that rough spot and assemble. it is possible the second gear under the main gear can lose a tooth, this will feel very rough in arm movement. for that, this is why you buy broken cozmos for extra parts, such as wheel caps, front forks, maybe extra screens, those gears in the gear boxes to have spare parts around, get the entire set of parts for $55, assume that most of the time the only thing broken is something electronic or battery, but at times the "broken" robots aren't even "broken" at all, just need some attention.
Best Priced Similar Items
NEW GENUINE DELL INSPIRON 11Z 1545 1546 1750 WIFI CARD DW1397 BCM94312HMG KW770
NOS AirLink+ AWLC011 802.11b 11Mbps Wireless LAN Cardbus Adapter FREE SHIPPING!